A lot of hormonal regulatory products have been recently released into the market for the purpose of causing effective weight loss or muscle building. Out of all these medications, synthetic form of growth hormone known as the human growth hormone or HGH has proved to be immensely beneficial in promoting development and proliferation of muscle tissues in quick time. This is the reason why so many professional fitness enthusiasts consider taking HGH supplements more than any other anabolic dietary supplementation products. When you hear the name of HGH, to what extent do you think it is going to work? Will all the results be positive? Or will there be negative impacts on the body as well? Read the review below to know what is exactly the function of the hormone, how it is secreted and where it is stored in your body.
How is growth hormone secreted?
Growth hormone is naturally synthesised in the body by the stimulation of the master gland known as the pituitary gland. When this gland fails to trigger any more of the hormonal production through its action, there becomes a need for exogenous supply of the hormone in the form of growth hormone pills or injections. The pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus controls the secretion of many crucial hormones apart from growth hormone during the course of biological evolution and development. It is a very small pea sized gland that secretes the following hormones as well:
- Gonadotropin or sex hormones which includes the triggering and release of gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) or luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). These hormones are responsible for the multiplication and proliferation of spermatozoa, progestin, testosterone and estrogen.
- Adreno corticotropin hormone (ACTH) is responsible for stimulating the production of cortisol by adrenal cortex, along with some other weak androgens for promoting functional development of the adrenal cortex.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) regulates the function of thyroid gland and also maintains its structural stability.
- Melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) is responsible for the amount of melanin deposits during pigmentation of skin.
- Prolactin is a hormone that stimulates the development and function of breasts at the time of pregnancy to produce milk following child birth (parturition).
How is growth hormone beneficial for your body?
Naturally produced growth hormone is stored inside somatotropic cells present in the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. The hormone is required for the proper growth and development of all kinds of cells, irrespective of somatic or body cells and reproductive or sex cells. If the cellular multiplication and proliferation is halted in any way due to deficiency of growth hormone within the body, there will be disastrous hormonal deficit results which can contribute to short stature and poor mental conditions.
When you come across any medical condition where you find that you have growth hormone deficit, do not take it lightly and immediately start administering growth hormone pills in proper dosage cycle. Such an action will not only help you overcome the deficit but also promote muscular growth and strength within a short time period.